The guides and activities listed here are free for teachers to use in their classrooms only. Please print pfd files for classroom use and link to web files. It is not permitted to copy and paste any works linked here into other websites. No commercial use is granted.
No answer keys are provided. © All materials by Dawn Hogue
Please report broken links to Dawn Hogue.
Did you use a lesson listed here?
Did it add value to your classroom instruction?
Consider making a donation.
- Animal Farm
- Creative Nonfiction
- College Journalism
- Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Living Histories Multigenre Unit (with Patricia Schulze, Yankton, SD); oral history research and writing project
- Media and You
- Paul’s Case by Willa Cather, includes over thirty footnotes, study questions and essay options
- Rappaccini’s Daughter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, includes side notes and study questions
- Under the Lion’s Paw (formatted for dramatic reading); UTLP activity
- Afghanistan images and I Am poems (used with A Thousand Splendid Suns)
- All About Headlines
- A Rose for Emily
- A Noiseless Flash
- Canterbury Tales
- The Crucible
- Three poems on war | Analyzing Imagery, Tone, and Purpose
- Jurassic Park poetic justice
- Jurassic Park study guide
- Harlem Renaissance Webquest & Brochure
- Literature Analysis Sheet (AP English)
- Mandalas (with permission from Fran Claggett)
- Seminar Friday (current events discussion activity)
- The Old Man and The Sea
- Reeling for the Empire study questions
- The Scarlet Ibis
- Sea Biscuit
- Freedom of Speech and Automatic Language (my Pledge of Allegiance activity at ReadWriteThink)
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Revolt of Mother
- The Yellow Wallpaper
- The Things They Carried
- Romeo and Juliet
- Valedictory Speeches (seniors)