- We will read a classic American short story in
order to apply an understanding of the
elements of literature.
Specifically we will study plot, character, setting, point of view,
theme, tone, figurative language and symbolism.
Literary terms list and
- We will read the story in class together,
stopping to mark the text for meaning and to engage in discussion for
close understanding. All students will have a paper copy of the story
for this purpose.
- Read the story use close reading techniques.
- Complete the story
activity packet. (printable
- Complete a ThinkBook activity and write a
poem for two voices using characters and themes from the story.
- Engage in an online discussion about the story
- short objective quiz on literary elements
Back to top